If you are looking for a bit of a different kind of trip that you can take around the world, check this article. Whether you have a few extra kids or a few extra folks in your party, it’s a great way to save a few dollars and see the world.
Written By: Sophia Oatley, Mom On Board
image credit: Aussie Campervans
Going on a trip with your friends or family members is always an exciting thing to do in life. But, the fun increases by many times when the normal trip turns into a campervan trip. Without any doubt, a trip is something that most of us desire about. The thrill and excitement of travelling with your near and dear ones for camping purpose is really unmatchable. No doubt, a number of things or items are required to make a campervan trip successful. Missing any item from the list can really prove to be a dent in your excitement.
For this reason, it is vital to pay heed to the list when preparing it. In the list, you need to include some really essential things, and some of them are mentioned below. So, check them out.
Items that you must carry for a campervan trip
- Mattress: This is certainly the most important item that you need to carry during a trip. In case you are planning for wild camping then mattresses along with sleeping bags are absolutely necessary. Usually, it is sufficient to carry two mattresses of size 70 x 195 cms, in case two or three persons are travelling. Pillows and sheets are the other items that you must include.
- Water jars/canisters: Since wild camping is all about staying in the wilderness, therefore it is essential to carry at least two water jars or canisters; of course filled ones. Two canisters of 5 liters each can be sufficient for a group of three people, on a 2 days camping. In addition, you should also carry three or four bottles (1 ltr) of waters for brushing teeth.
- Pans and mugs: When it comes to camping in the wild then metal based, particularly steel, pans and mugs prove to be quite essential. They can be used to boiling water in case you run out of drinking water. In addition, you can certainly use them for cooking purpose. However, you should not carry pans and mugs that are too large in size.
- Kettle: Apart from pans and mugs, a kettle can be of great assistance. To be more specific, a whistling kettle can really make camping easy for you. You can prepare tea and coffee during the morning or evening hours, and enjoy the wilderness around. So, make sure your campervan has a kettle inside it.
- Microfiber towel: Remember that you will not be staying in the clean environment of your house; therefore, it is essential to keep at least three towels in the campervan. The microfiber towels dry up very quickly, and hence they are quite apt for the outdoor purpose.
- Long handle broom: When camping outside, you will always need a broom to clean off the place before setting up the tent or laying the mattresses. Even in the case of beach camping, you would need a broom to swipe off the sand and dust.
- Torch and extra batteries: Yes, you would never want to feel unsafe during the night hours. For this reason, when you go with your family on a camping then make sure to load your campervan with two or three torches and a couple of extra batteries.
- First aid kit: Never forget to include this item in your list. Before setting the wheels of your van in motion, you should make very sure that there is a first aid kit inside it. The kit must encompass ant-septic lotion, cotton buds, anti-biotic tablets, and anti-septic cream.
These are just a few of the most important items that you should carry in your campervan to make your trip more enjoyable and safe.
Thanks for dropping by y’all!
Until next time… Travel Till You Drop